- How is Friends of Sherwood Forest different than the PTA?
- How is Friends of Sherwood Forest funded?
- Can I make a donation and have it split between the two organizations?
- Why don’t we just manage all of this through the PTA?
- Who will decide where the money raised by Friends of Sherwood Forest is spent?
- Is Friends of Sherwood Forest school-sanctioned?
- How can I get involved?
- I cannot make a significant financial donation to Friends of Sherwood Forest, but I want to be involved . . .
- Will Friends of Sherwood Forest do all of the fundraising for the Sherwood Forest Elementary School?
News & Events
A Week of Giving!
During the week of September 14th, Friends of Sherwood Forest (in collaboration with the SFES PTA) will hold the annual Giving Week. This event is one of the school’s biggest annual fundraisers!
The 2020/2021 school year looks different than any other year we have experienced. However, FOSF has worked closely with school administration to identify ways to use donations to benefit both virtual and in person instruction such as:
- Enhance existing outdoor spaces and/or add outdoor classroom spaces that can be used for years to come.
- Support virtual learning through online subscriptions to systems like Seesaw for K-2 and Mentoring Minds for 3-5.
- Fund improvements in technology.
- Support hard copy instructional material to supplement virtual learning.
While we would love to achieve 100% family participation this year, we want every family to participate how they are comfortable. We ask that families consider donating $20 per month for 10 months or $200 per child. You can make a one-time or recurring donation securely online at www.friendsofsherwoodforest.org and all gifts are tax deductible. Please take some time to consider what meaningful gift you can give this year. All gifts are appreciated and no donation is too small!
In place of the annual coin drive, we have a new program this year, Kids Give Back Campaign. Look in the attachment below for more details on safe ways that our students can give back to the community (non-monetarily) and also get a sense of being virtually together while physically apart.
Starting on September 14th, you may make a contribution to Giving Week via cash, check, credit card. or text giving. Credit card contributions can be made online here. Text Giving: Donors may text the word “Sherwood” to 50155.
Friends of Sherwood Forest is a 501c3 Not for Profit Corporation which makes your gift to FoSF tax deductible.