- How is Friends of Sherwood Forest different than the PTA?
- How is Friends of Sherwood Forest funded?
- Can I make a donation and have it split between the two organizations?
- Why don’t we just manage all of this through the PTA?
- Who will decide where the money raised by Friends of Sherwood Forest is spent?
- Is Friends of Sherwood Forest school-sanctioned?
- How can I get involved?
- I cannot make a significant financial donation to Friends of Sherwood Forest, but I want to be involved . . .
- Will Friends of Sherwood Forest do all of the fundraising for the Sherwood Forest Elementary School?
News & Events
A Week of Giving!
During the week of September 16th, Friends of Sherwood Forest (in collaboration with the SFES PTA) will hold the annual Giving Week. This event is one of the school’s biggest annual fundraisers!
Part of Giving Week involves getting our kids into the giving spirit by participating in a Coin Drive. Throughout the week, all of our kids will bring in pennies, nickels, dimes, quarters and dollars to compete class by class to raise $5,000 that will go partially to charity and partially to cover needs in the school.
Family Giving is when we ask all families in the school to make a financial gift in hopes of raising $60,000 to meet the science and art goals of the school.
Starting on September 9th, you may make a contribution to Giving Week via cash, check, credit card. or text giving. Credit card contributions can be made online here. Text Giving: Donors may text the word “Sherwood” to 50155
Friends of Sherwood Forest is a 501c3 Not for Profit Corporation which makes your gift to FoSF tax deductible.