- How is Friends of Sherwood Forest different than the PTA?
- How is Friends of Sherwood Forest funded?
- Can I make a donation and have it split between the two organizations?
- Why don’t we just manage all of this through the PTA?
- Who will decide where the money raised by Friends of Sherwood Forest is spent?
- Is Friends of Sherwood Forest school-sanctioned?
- How can I get involved?
- I cannot make a significant financial donation to Friends of Sherwood Forest, but I want to be involved . . .
- Will Friends of Sherwood Forest do all of the fundraising for the Sherwood Forest Elementary School?
News & Events
A Week of Giving!
During the week of September 25th, Friends of Sherwood Forest (in collaboration with the SFES PTA) will hold the annual Giving Week (formerly known as Pledge Week). This two-part event is one of the school’s biggest annual fundraisers!
Part of Giving Week involves getting our kids into the giving spirit by participating in a Coin Drive. Throughout the week, all of our kids will bring in pennies, nickels, dimes, quarters and dollars to compete class by class to raise $5,000 that will go partially to charity and partially to cover needs in the school.
Family Giving is when we ask all families in the school to make a financial gift in hopes of raising $45,000 to keep our fulltime Science Teacher and dedicated Technology resource.
Starting on September 25th, you may make a contribution to Giving Week via cash, check or credit card. Credit card contributions can be made online here.
Friends of Sherwood Forest is a 501c3 Not for Profit Corporation which makes your gift to FoSF tax deductible.